Saturday, February 7, 2009

I know why?

I know now why I'm loyal to Creative Memories. I decided to warm up this challenge by making a little album for Janice's young niece. Pictures we had taken on our last adventure as tourists. I had purchased a little album (not Creative Memories) to have some fun with stamping and inking around these photos. What a pain. Every page was a different size, it was a cascading book. TIME. I'm not good at kit things, I need to make them my own. So a kit stifles me, and frustrates me. I did a course in alchohol ink and that was a great class, somehow, my piece looked like crap. Then I stamped on the front cover, (if you have worked with alchohol inks you know they are messy, messed up my front cover. So I had to cover the front, and print my stamped sentiment on a piece of vellum, used my CM cutting system and paisley punch to complete, it. I was starting to feel happier. Then came the inside pages. Cut each decorative paper separately and mount photo. I do love doing the captions, or journaling on vellum, But I have to really plan each page to do that and just do one print.








So this completed the most time consuming little book. If I had used a 8 X 8 CM. Book I could have spread my wings a little more and left room in the book for more adventure shots. However, I love alcoholic inks so maybe another project. I really like alcoholic inks on transparency, but perhaps in another project.

No comments: