Monday, April 19, 2010

Mellow Yellow Monday, No more...


Mellow Yellow Monday, is hosted by Drowsy Monkey, check out the other participants.

It was a sunny, warm day, I had a reminder call from my mother-in-law to prune my roses. She doesn't know that whilst installing our new Air Conditioner in January, in the mist of a snow storm, most of my roses were demolished by my husband and the installers. So, I pruned what they didn't kill, and noticed my Daffodils were no more...they're being moved, for an all new adventure next spring.


I have to add a postscript to this post. I've been married to this man for 31 years, and every spring he does things to my garden and the plant is no more. I don't think it's intentional, anyway, I've now blockaded various areas of the yard. Next it will be crime scene tape. I should also like to tell you that is might be a joke of mother nature, or maybe God was just having an off day. My mother-in-law, the biological mother of my husband can grow anything, anywhere. She cuts off a little snippet of something, anything sticks it in the ground, never buys expensive fertilizers, none of that modern horticultural stuff and it's a jungle out there. So how does one have a son that pulls a beautiful poppy thinking it's a dandelion? God is such a trickster. In the background of my daffodils you can see my already done blooms of crocus' , the bunny had a feast.

6 comments:

annies home said...

what an interesting post great story I hate it when my plants get demolished thanks for visiting my blog

Diane AZ said...

I was pretty sad when my little lemon tree got broken in half, but happily it recovered. I hope you will still get some rose blooms. :)

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! he simply hasn't a green thumb !

Sandi said...

Oh my goodness! I have been known to rip out plants that I thought were weeds and then wondered the next year...hmmm where are those new flowers I planted!! LOL

I can plant starts of my old fashioned rose bushes by just sticking them in the ground , but nothing else. I need a gardener !!! lol
Blessings~

Beth Niquette said...

I laughed and laughed over this post...you have such a gift for writing. ((hugs)) Men are so funny--I've been married to my husband for 27 years and there are STILL things he's rather daft about.

Tch tch tch! Here's hoping things grow back!

Cindy said...

Ackkk! Men! My fiancee has chopped down things in my garden that took years to grow back... i have to keep a close eye on him when he has clippers in his hands!

Cindy